Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Looking at 2021 FA. Personally, I would strike out the centers, so Gobert and Aldridge are out for me. Lowry, Green and Tucker will be old in 2021, so I am not interested in anything long term. I don't see Rose as equal to other options here, I am surprised they have him so high on their board. DeRozan is meh. This leaves: Hayward, Oladipo and Giannis plus the three PO JRue, George and Kawhi. I would say JRue will be traded for sure, if NOLA thinks he might excercise his PO. Kawhi will stay in LA for sure imho. I can see a slight chance George is traded out of LA and he might become available. So realistically, Giannis is really the only real star in 2021. Perhaps Oladipo, if he returns to 17/18 form. Hayward will be 31 already, so any longterm high contract is a risk. Please mind there will be a lot of cap space to spend around in the league. 

Assuming THJ opts in, I don't see it as realistic for Mavs to create cap space. SnT is an option. I wouldn't do it for DeRozan, and I would do it for Gallo only, if he is price is max 12 per and even at that I would be looking to dump Wright in the process and not any of the valuable pieces. So, a long shot. I don't think Toronto would accept a SnT for Fred from us (they don't want long term salary and have enough role players, THJ for FVV is not really huge upgrade for us). So this leaves Hayward.

Out of the available trades: Rose, DeRozan, Aldridge, Lowry and Tucker I am intersted only as trade where we dump some of our long term salary, so purely one season moves. JRue I would love but we probably don't have the assets. This leaves expiring Hayward and Harris.

Based on all this - Harris salary is a problem only, if we go after Giannis. Otherwise, the only realisitic dillema is between having him, Oladipo or Hayward (if we are after this level of guys). 

The alternative is, that we look to upgrade our tier 5 (or lower) guys for tier 4 level. Reddick, Joe Harris, Lue Williams, Harrell, Beverly, Dinwiddie, Bledsoe, Conley, Turner and OPJ are some of the names in that tier, that might be available.

(10-31-2020, 01:27 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Maybe the Mavs are trying to grab either Hayward, DeRozan, or Aldridge. I'm for any one of them as a 1 year trial.

The problem - I don't see why Boston or SA would trade us their pick if we trade for those guys. They are expiring anyway and not bad palyers. It makes more sense for them to use them for their last season than pay assets to dump them. Even theoretically, if you trade Kleber and Curry for DeRozan and pick swap - is it really worth it? 

Wall would fit that description, but I wouldn't touch him even if I had  a remote controller.

If we want to trade up #18+#31 or (if we really, really, really like the guy) 2025 FRP are the best assets we have to achieve that.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by omahen - 10-31-2020, 01:39 PM