Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-30-2020, 11:12 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Yes on Buddy. 

It's not a sexy improvement... But the reality is that Buddy is a better high volume shooter than THJ. He might be worse defensively but I don't think he's a sieve and I think he'll be just as fine as THJ there eventually. Buddy is also slightly bigger and stockier so he already may be a better defender at the 3 which THJ plays a ton at. 

If we can't get Jrue and don't have a major long term upgrade at another position, Buddy is a really nice get as a 3rd piece and long term starter. I would consider him a star even at 20ppg at high volume efficient 3pt shooting.

While I don't love the idea of Hield, of a lot of the popular names tossed around here, he makes me cringe the least. He's a prime candidate for a player that needs a fresh start in a stable organization. If you can turn his defense into something serviceable he has the potential to be a longer term fit. I think I still prefer the idea of moving up in the draft for Nesmith.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by cow - 10-30-2020, 11:18 PM