Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-30-2020, 06:10 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 06:01 PM)omahen Wrote: I am sure Mavs would not do this deal if they think they can get Giannis. But what if Giannis is not on the table, what do you think then?

I'd be shocked if they don't have better options right now, even better options that I STILL wouldn't be excited about. I don't think that deal is a punt on Giannis, I think it's a punt on everything. 

I'd do Buddy Hield instead of this so fast your head would spin, and that's just literally the first thing that popped into my head. 

Hell, literally EVERY other thing we've discussed in this thread is better, imo. Give me high priced role players without the third top end guy in place, which is the opposite of what I've been preaching, before you give me Harris and his contract.

(10-30-2020, 06:09 PM)Mike lorenzo Wrote: I like Harris..but that contract is terrible and as time goes by immovable ... I'm not sure if he's the guy to lock up with Luka..and he's an average defender ... I'd rather roll the dice 1 year with Hayward, who will likely sign cheaper in the long run and chase Jrue at FA 21

I think @"fifteenth" on a 1 year deal for the Max would be a better investment for the Mavs in the long run.

Yes on Buddy. 

It's not a sexy improvement... But the reality is that Buddy is a better high volume shooter than THJ. He might be worse defensively but I don't think he's a sieve and I think he'll be just as fine as THJ there eventually. Buddy is also slightly bigger and stockier so he already may be a better defender at the 3 which THJ plays a ton at. 

If we can't get Jrue and don't have a major long term upgrade at another position, Buddy is a really nice get as a 3rd piece and long term starter. I would consider him a star even at 20ppg at high volume efficient 3pt shooting.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by cjeter24 - 10-30-2020, 11:12 PM