Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-30-2020, 05:56 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 05:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Totally agree @"ItsGoTime"

If given the choice between that trade or doing nothing, I'm running back the same team as last year and staying ready to pounce on something better. 

If you tell me I can get Ben Simmons in the deal somehow, I'm IN, but that's not happening anytime soon.
I will say, I'm closer to Omahen's side of this in that I think Harris would be such a great add to this team as a player and personality (similar to Hayward, but not AS good if Hayward could get close to where he was and signed a smaller contract after next year, or comes to us in the SnT for a smaller contract).

I think he'd more than hold his own here on both ends of the court. There's a reason someone tricked themselves into offering that contract. But there's also a reason they now desperately want to get rid of it. I think your ability to add other players, even good role players, would be drastically diminished for quite a while. 

Philly has more talent (overall) than the Mavs right now, by far, and they realize that they can't move forward and have very little chance to win. It's why they're making huge, expensive front office changes. They need creative minds trying to solve the puzzle before it gets totally out of hand. Part of the problem is that some of their pieces don't fit together like they'd hoped, for sure, but the Horford and Harris contracts are really holding them back, too. 

Horford is going to get moved, I bet, but I just don't think anyone wants any part of Harris.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by KillerLeft - 10-30-2020, 06:06 PM