Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-30-2020, 09:10 AM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 09:01 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 08:47 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Then again, every part of these rumors could be BS.
Exactly, too many will go into the season saying Hayward wanted to come here and we couldn't find a way to get him. Rumors aren't facts until you hear it from the horses mouth, and even then, it could be misdirection instruction from an agent.

Yeah, for sure. I won't be that way. 

I imagine they like the player as a fit here, and have no trouble believing they've talked to his agent and kicked the tires on the idea of pulling this off with Boston. We won't have any idea whether they like him at THE PRICE it will take to sign him and make this deal until they do it. If they don't do it, we won't know WHY. Will it be because of health? Future flexibility? Did they just not think he was good enough to justify the contract he wanted? We'll never know. 

In most situations, I think it's dumb to criticize a team for a move they DIDN'T make. We just don't know enough about what's going on behind the scenes to judge things accurately.
I just think he's gonna have a stretch of good games next season whether or not he's here and someone is going to bring this up. So many variables to all these things to know anything concrete.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by ItsGoTime - 10-30-2020, 09:14 AM