Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-28-2020, 12:18 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 11:59 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Remember y'all if 33 yr old Horford can get a 100 million dollars last year

I am trying to remember....did something happen in this past year where things might be different and the NBA market might have changed since Horford got that deal? Wink

[Image: giphy.gif]

Okay but the cap is flat from last year right, it didn't go down? If there is cap space teams will spend it. Ask NYK.

(10-28-2020, 12:23 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 11:59 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: If Gordon Hayward opts out then this doesn't really matter. I imagine he goes to a team willing to pay him a big pile of money.

Remember y'all if 33 yr old Horford can get a 100 million dollars last year, then younger, better Hayward can certainly get more money and control where he goes. He knows if he opts-in he's going to get traded.

So, the rumor is that Hayward WANTS to sign in Dallas. I don't think it's nearly the impossibility you paint with the above. They'd want him, and Boston has reason to look to move on, but would benefit from trying to do so in a way that helps them. I'm not saying it will happen, but I can EASILY see it working IF it's true that all three parties are interested.

So I think you would need Gordon communicating that he is opting out and thus having leverage over the Celtics. If he opts in he has no leverage really. If he opts out and wants to play for Dallas then I guess Dallas could see if they could negotiate a deal with the Celtics that they like better than just getting cap back for Hayward. In that scenario a THJ/Maxi package could look better than just cap savings which have no real benefit for them this year anyway.

I like Hayward as a player, I wouldn't want to give up Maxi though. I do think he's an upgrade over THJ but not such an upgrade that I'd want to give him a big contract and give up pieces to get him.

I still like plan Home-Dipo the best. I think Mavs have the ammunition to get him and he's a good fit on this team.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by StepBackJay - 10-28-2020, 01:23 PM