Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-28-2020, 11:19 AM)omahen Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 05:18 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I hate to keep bringing this up, but Maxi would solve a lot of their big man issues.

I don't think Hayward is in Boston once Tatum's pay raise kicks in in 21.  They will have $104mm tied up in Walker, Smart, Brown and Tatum.  So, it would be in Boston and Hayward's best interest to do something now.  Maxi plus THJ doesn't work in 20/21, but it does in 19/20 if both Hayward and Hardaway opt in.  Does such a deal get you a pick swap of 18 for 14?

1. If I am Boston, I would be looking for a much better center than Maxi.
2. The rummor is, Hayward would be opting out. This would make the trade easier money wise, because I would assume Hayward signs for less. Othwerwise, I would actually prefer Harris than Hayward at max contract... Big question is, what would motivate Boston to do this deal? I don't think THJ+Kleber is a really great value for them and it even doesn't get them out of tax if the line stays at 132. On the other hand, I am not really sure if Hayward is an upgrade over that combination. Is that really best they can do? What if we take some of their bad money they have in Kanter and Poirier?
3. I don't see any reason Boston would add pick swap to the trade. They are giving best player already. If anything, I would expext at least one pick going their way.
4. Three team with Hayward SnT that would net Boston a centre might be best option. Do they like Adams? Do they like Drummond?

Great points, one and all. I'm with you on all of this. I don't think Adams or Drummond are the guys, but who knows?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by KillerLeft - 10-28-2020, 11:21 AM