Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I get the concern over Hayward's injury history. That's extremely valid, especially considering where they are with KP already. 

But, some of you guys are TRIPPING about this. Hayward is EXACTLY what they need (if healthy). He's the epitome of "secondary playmaker." He can handle at a high level, create off of the dribble, has a variety of solutions to get shots off from lots of areas on the court, is smart enough to take what the defense gives (efficiently), can identify and make the correct pass, etc, etc. PLUS, while he CAN do all of that, he doesn't HAVE TO in order to contribute. He CAN play effectively off-ball. Good coming off of screens. Good catch and shoot skills. Again, this is the EXACT thing they have been looking for, imo. He's kind of like a much, much better version of Chandler Parsons (during his good year here)... 

...when healthy. 

If you have a chance to get that guy for Kleber and THJ, you pull the trigger and never look back. It would take some luck with the health factor for both he and KP, but at that point you'd finally have enough to start looking at role players. Then, the Richardsons, Covingtons, etc, would start to make sense. 

@"DanSchwartzman"'s idea of a pick swap is interesting, but I'm not sure how realistic it is. I don't care. I would do that deal with or without the added pick swap angle.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by KillerLeft - 10-28-2020, 11:17 AM