Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-28-2020, 05:18 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 02:29 AM)omahen Wrote: That Hawks guy has these rumors:

He is hearing the same thing others are about Gordon Hayward. He is looking to opt-out. He is looking to resign or find an SnT deal to Dallas. This one is Boston's to lose. He seems to want to resign but with more years and a less competitive market than 2021.

Dallas has been extremely active and really wants to be a player in the SnT market. The issue is, they don't have much value to offer anyone. They are trying to make it clear, they need to be a player for Giannis. I just don't hear the interest from Giannis side. It's either MIL, GS, LAL, MIA, or TOR. The talk that it's Dallas is just not there. That said, they want to be a player for Kawhi in 2021 as well.

I hate to keep bringing this up, but Maxi would solve a lot of their big man issues.

I don't think Hayward is in Boston once Tatum's pay raise kicks in in 21.  They will have $104mm tied up in Walker, Smart, Brown and Tatum.  So, it would be in Boston and Hayward's best interest to do something now.  Maxi plus THJ doesn't work in 20/21, but it does in 19/20 if both Hayward and Hardaway opt in.  Does such a deal get you a pick swap of 18 for 14?

It's fair to bring it up, but this trade just helps Boston, not us.

We have to add a starter level player not lose one.

And most important this trade is still against trade rule number 1.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by Mapka - 10-28-2020, 05:26 AM