Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-27-2020, 11:42 PM)Mapka Wrote: cjeter24

That's beyond ugly in fit.
You would have to controll KPs and Currys minutes and nobody else left and no way to get someone. 
It's like eating all their sins and giving up everything we worked hard for just for the already skewed potential of Simmons. 

First rule: don't trade with Aige. 

Second rule: See first rule.

Third rule: do not interfere with Phillys tanking culture again.
We just escaped last time when Noel got to greedy. 

If we want to go all  in on a 40Mio+/year contract why not just take CP3.

I don't think it'd be that bad of a bit. You keep Brunson and DFS on the bench. You resign Burke. Ideally WCS is back and he's your backup big. 

You basically are missing a backup 4 and depth past your top 7 or 8 guys. Nothing that stop gap signings couldn't fix. 

The bet is more of for Harris working better in your system more than anything. 
I'm honestly just throwing out ideas ha. not my preferred. I tend to lean Mavs probably say no to Philly deals than Philly saying no. 

If you got to go with a big money 4 why not go get Blake Griffin at that point. Less risk and he's a better player than Simmons except on defense. I kind of think that's what you'd be hoping he turns into for you here but with better defense and less shooting.

(10-27-2020, 11:50 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 11:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Gallo had the largest on/off point differential in the NBA Last year among players who played at least 1,000 minutes for one team.

So not sure what you are hearing....but Gallo was THIRD on his own TEAM in on/off. 

They must be talking offensive on/off, because he was an incredible +16.6....BUT he was a vomit inducing -9.1 on defense. 

You could also argue a lot of that offensive impact was on the coattails of Chris Paul who was +15.2.

If only we had a great point guard the same caliber of Chris Paul lol.
I think the idea of Gallo would be that he's an ideal offensive fit at the 4. And you figure out how to make the defense work. 

I'm all in on Gallo if you could get him on a 1 year deal. How that happens? *insert shrug emoji
I'd think it would be dumping Wright and Jackson to teams for nothing which seems impossible in this environment.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by cjeter24 - 10-28-2020, 12:00 AM