Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-27-2020, 09:28 PM)cjeter24 Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 08:52 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: In all honesty, I can see Harris re-uniting with Bobi as a personality fit to this team. He's pretty far overpaid, but what is the compensation for taking on such a large contract? I think it needs to be more than just Powell even though that is an awful looking contract right now, esp if we're giving them lots of needed 3pt scoring with Curry and Kleber (do they even want Powell AND Kleber from us with Horford still on their roster?). 

The Wright for Richardson swap is a good addition to bridge that gap, or maybe a couple of their unnecessary picks from this draft that help us move even further up in the draft? Get a 3rd team involved?.

Simmons is the cost or else any person in their right mind wouldn't be touching Harris. He wasn't that bad before covid, but now it's really really bad. Sucks for 76ers to unload him if they want to be competitive. that or Horford. 

Harris + Simmons 
for
Hardaway, Wright, Powell, Curry (or Kleber if they prefer) comes up about 4 mill short of matching. Oh hey look how much Dodo makes lol. I believe the deal works financially with Kleber substituted in place of anyone but Powell.

Philly may get a better offer for Simmons but they'll have a hard time finding someone to eat Harris deal plus provide assets. We'd be sending them 18 and 31. 

FWIW I think that deal makes a ton of sense for Philly
They run THJ at the 2 with Richardson at the 3. You fortify your bench and you have assets to go get a PG. 

Shoot you could expand it to OKC and have them getting Paul and that makes WAY too much sense. Have Paul, THJ and Kleber going to Philly with everyone else going to OKC with picks. And then all those massive contracts are off your books for 2022 free agency for Philly.

Who says no to this 3 team OKC, Dallas, Philly Trade

Dallas receives: Harris, Simmons
Philly receives: Chris Paul, THJ, Kleber
OKC receives: Wright, Justin Jackson, Powell, Pick 18, 31 also pick 22 if needed from Philly

I think this all works financially.
OKC gets even more picks and continues rebuild with an expiring rookie deal, a movable contact in Wright and Powell who they probably get some value out of with a young team. 

Dallas has a starting lineup of:
Doncic, Curry, Harris, Simmons, KP

Philly has a starting lineup of
Paul, THJ, Richardson, Kleber, Embiid

That's beyond ugly in fit.
You would have to controll KPs and Currys minutes and nobody else left and no way to get someone. 
It's like eating all their sins and giving up everything we worked hard for just for the already skewed potential of Simmons. 

First rule: don't trade with Aige. 

Second rule: See first rule.

Third rule: do not interfere with Phillys tanking culture again.
We just escaped last time when Noel got to greedy. 

If we want to go all  in on a 40Mio+/year contract why not just take CP3.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by Mapka - 10-27-2020, 11:42 PM