Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-27-2020, 10:21 PM)cow Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 10:16 PM)cjeter24 Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 10:05 PM)cow Wrote: Way too soon for Phlly to punt on Simmons without returning another star as you'd run the risk of losing Embiid after '22-23.

I think he's at risk to ask for a trade by then. Philly is fundamentally broken IMO. Some early 20 first round picks with everything tied up into 4 guys isn't moving the needle. 

Horford and Harris' contracts are top 5 bad in the NBA. Nobody is going to touch them without something of major value. 

I guess someone like Dallas could say we'll take Harris for pick 20 and next years first unprotected. and then use those pieces to flip for an actual star? Or expand it in a 3 team deal?

Do we get to dump Powell and Wright in this deal and give up no assets (Lee S&T)?  Harris contract is ****ing insane.

I agree that Embiid and Simmons don't work together but I'm not sure which one I'd pick to build around.  Normally I'd say Embiid but he's often hurt, inconsistent, out of shape and I worry about his attitude.  Longevity wise Simmons seems like the smarter play but he needs to learn to pull the trigger.  Remember that Jimmy Butler wanted the hell out of there.  He has no patience for players who aren't dedicated.  Still, they aren't going to trade either for pennies on the dollar or to dump bad contracts.

Perhaps I have a completely different level of perception of Paul. But he was 2nd team all NBA and showed that he was the same point god he always was when he wasn't playing with another ball hog. Yeah he's 35. But you've seen quite a few great pgs like him be absolute studs well into their late 30s. We had one around here. It creates a short term window that makes the team better and allows them to have a clear cap when Embiid is set to enter free agency. 

To me the salary savings plus frankly getting the better player now is not pennies on the dollar. 
If you told me I had to pick between Paul/THJ and Simmons/Harris for playing next year I'm taking Paul/THJ. I think that's just a better duo for now. 

The weird thing about Embiid is that the teams that would probably have the assets to get him already have a stud center. And then it's the Celtics. And the Sixers won't trade him in division to the Celtics IMO.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by cjeter24 - 10-27-2020, 10:33 PM