Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-27-2020, 10:16 PM)omahen Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 10:09 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Simmons and Embiid clearly don't work. They liked to work in the same part of the floor. Neither is a good shooter except in close. That's not working ever.

While I can totally agree with that, it does not change a fact that Philly will trade Simmons for a star only. Think Booker, Beal level of guys, at least. They will certainly not use him to dump salary. If salary is a problem, they can ship Horford and a couple of picks to someone like Charlotte for nothing. Best solution for them - trade Horford, Richardson, Scott and assets for CP3.

I don't see any teams wiling to eat Horford or Harris salary for just some mediocre picks. Maybe I'm wrong. But the cap crunch by staying flat, the individual cash crunch on teams, plus the uncertainty of the future. I would be absolutely shocked if anyone takes any sort of major salary dump this year. 

I certainly don't think the Thunder take on Horfords contract for late 1sts. 

I actually lean to the Mavs saying no more than anyone because of how much money they are taking on and the uncertainty of the future. That combined with being completely locked into their roster with no idea how it fits... It's incredibly risky. Simmons may flop with Luka as well. I trust Rick to figure it all out. I personally really like Simmons because of how dominant of a defender he can be. But the reality is that he's a completely liability offensively unless he has the ball in his hands. 

It's cool tho. I hope the Sixers do nothing and Doc gets fired again. It brings me nothing but joy to see him lose. The most overrated coach in the NBA.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by cjeter24 - 10-27-2020, 10:24 PM