Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-27-2020, 09:00 PM)omahen Wrote: As for Harris. He is basically a picture perfect third "star". He efficiently scores 20 ppg, he is a good shooter (I bet his percentage would skyrocket from last season with Mavs spacing and Luka passing), he is an ok defender, he is very durable and he will certainly not come in claiming he is something more than a third "star". His contract runs through his prime, so that is also not bad. The only negative is, that he is overpaid by arround 10 mil per season. So if you don't believe perfect stars will be available, he seems like an option to consider.

Edit: IMHO, he is a far better fit than Gobert who would cost much more to trade for and who would demand similar money in 2021 free agency.

Edit 2: if Harris deal would be for Kleber/Curry/Powell (while also getting Thybulle and keeping our pick), we would still have around 15 mil to play with in 2021 free agency (115 mil cap assumption). Get rid of Wright and we are above 20 mil in cap space.
Ya, I think I am right there with you on this. He's a better Barnes, which is what we were saying when Harris was on the Clippers (well, some were trying to argue that Barnes was a better Harris, but anyway). The $10M overpaid comment is pretty much spot on, I had him at about $12-14M, but that's not a big difference. 

Is Thybulle enough compensation in your opinion? Not familiar with his game, I know he has some buzz around him on this board, but looking at his stats, he looks like basically what we have, only...younger (which, I know, comes with upside, but is it that much upside?). The picks route might be the better way around it than trying to get the Wright for Richardson swap, since they want better players and that swap would degrade them too much.

Still think Powell with Kleber is not something they would want with Horford and Embiid still on the team. That doesn't seem like a lot of minutes for our outgoing bigs (I guess they would be pretty good injury insurance). We could swap Wright for Powell I believe and the money works as well. Making it something like Kleber/Curry/Wright for Harris/Thybulle/(22? or some combo of seconds?)
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by ItsGoTime - 10-27-2020, 09:43 PM