Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-27-2020, 07:59 PM)omahen Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 06:00 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Does anyone here have access to this and the willingness to summarize? Is there really a quote that claims they're willing to trade into the lottery?
 A little trick for Dallas News I use. Their protection of the site comes a second or two after the site is loaded. So quickly ctrl A, ctrl C when the site loads and you can read your article in appropriate APP

Good tip! Thanks!

The Mavs currently have a strong desire to move up in the lottery. Not that they are willing. They are looking. 
The most important part of the article tho:

Not surprisingly, I’m told that in the wake of Doncic’s monster 28.8-point, 9.4-rebound, 8.8-assist, All-NBA first-team season, more than a few player agents have whispered to the Mavericks that their client sure wouldn’t mind being part of Dallas' promising future.

The rest is just the same type of stuff we are kicking around here and not a report of any sort. I did find it interesting that he said Sixers are likely to split up Simmons and Embiid. I don't think that's the case. But interesting to hear it from an NBA guy. (I do think they explore it just not likely. )

(10-27-2020, 08:10 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It's going to drive people here crazy if it happens, but close your eyes and imagine Donnie pacing around on the phone, trying to pry Hayward away from Ainge. 

That seems like such a Dallas move to me.

I find it highly unlikely due to his 34 mill salary. You pretty much have to include THJ. 
I actually don't mind a deal for Hayward due to you shunning Wright and/or Powell's salary to get it done. But there is no way Boston does a deal for what we have to offer. They'd be better off letting him walk then take money back from us. They already have enough guards as is with Wright. And Powell doesn't make much sense anywhere with the injury.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by cjeter24 - 10-27-2020, 08:10 PM