Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-27-2020, 01:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Not that I think they're TRYING to trade Kleber, and I doubt Gallo would sign a contract for any amount right now that only guarantees one year of salary. Three years of MLE are better than one year of anything the Mavs could pay on a deal like that. We KNOW he'll at least get that. 

I agree with your general sense that the Mavs are hoping to turn Wright/#18 into a player to ADD to the playoff team they already have, but I also think that when you're a BUYER, you have to consider what the SELLER is asking as a price. There are probably teams who want #18, and there are probably others who'd prefer 27 year old players who can help right away.

I don't get why we want Gallo at all honestly and I don't see him signing for a 1 yr deal anyway. And ya he's a good offensive player but then we lose a cheap player in Maxi on a great contract. I see this type of trade occurring around zero percent. Mavs will gamble with picks but they aren't going to gamble away the likes of Curry or Maxi. If Mavs ditch Wright for nothing they are close enough to a max slot that I don't see any reason why they would preemptively give away one of those guys for a 1 yr rental that isn't really a fit on our team anyway.

(10-27-2020, 01:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I agree with your general sense that the Mavs are hoping to turn Wright/#18 into a player to ADD to the playoff team they already have, but I also think that when you're a BUYER, you have to consider what the SELLER is asking as a price. There are probably teams who want #18, and there are probably others who'd prefer 27 year old players who can help right away.

This is likely what's going to happen and there's enough teams that will give the Mavs an upgrade for 18/Wright without Mavs giving away a key rotation piece. Mavs want to dump Wright and add talent that can contribute today. In 2021 they want to add their 3rd star. That is pretty much the plan. I like fake trades as much as anybody but I see very little chance of Mavs trading away any rotation guys this offseason.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 23?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by StepBackJay - 10-27-2020, 04:39 PM