Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-27-2020, 10:25 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 08:53 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Also isn't Gallo a zero on defense? We need someone who plays defense.

(10-27-2020, 08:24 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Which is part of why putting Maxi in the deal instead of Wright and pick(s) makes sense for both sides.  Gallo is an upgrade for Dallas (he was ranked about 70 slots higher than Maxi in the recent 1-125 rankings at The Athletic) and helps move some 2021 money.  Maxi can play either big position for OKC and is on a reasonable contract.  

I am not giving up Maxi for a Gallo rental. Gallo isn't even really a fit and they are different players. Maxi is a great glue guy, I am not giving him up for a deal like that. I really don't think Mavs are going to be subtracting players this year (THJ, Maxi, Curry, Brunson). They are going to be adding a guy with 18.

I realize that it feels like I’m constantly trading Maxi.  But it is because I think other teams probably value him more than some of the other things we on this board want to trade.  What is Maxi’s role once Giannis shows up?  Does he get moved in a S&T for GA or in a separate deal to create room?  If the answer to either of those is yes, why are we so concerned about keeping him for 20/21?

As to what we need, the answer is better players.  Gallo has been very much a plus player despite his defensive limitations anywhere he’s been.  If you can get him for a very good role player, you do it.
[Image: 9a99ac2d8e0598404cf1dc1591512b53.jpg]
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 23?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by ClutchDirk - 10-27-2020, 11:11 AM