Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-27-2020, 06:39 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Mike L. is right about the timing issue.  While I can see lots of things being agreed to well in advance of free agency opening, FA's are "free" to change their mind.  So, unless Dallas was willing to keep the player(s) drafted on OKC's behalf, they are taking on some risk.  What happens if you draft someone for OKC and Gallo changes his mind?  Cue the video of Cuban frantically trying to find DeAndre Jordan's house in Houston.

Sure. In most years the timing of the pick would probably make it a non-starter. But if there's one year it may make sense, it's now. With a super-fast restart on the table, they're talking about the draft and FA happening virtually simultaneously. But you're correct that everyone has to be on the same page.

In any case, I personally think Gallo ends up making more than the MLE next year. Someone will find a way to make it work. It might as well be Dallas. Smile

BTW, I'm also not totally opposed to the idea of trading Maxi. I like Maxi a lot, but I do think Gallo is the better player. I just don't like the idea of giving up a good player on an affordable contract for a rental. Now if you told me that they could trade Maxi and Wright for Gallo in a salary-neutral deal, lock up Gallo long-term, and still be confident they can create max space if necessary (by trading Curry, for example), then you've got my attention.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 23?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by Tyler - 10-27-2020, 10:53 AM