Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-27-2020, 07:33 AM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 06:39 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I'm almost always surprised by the numbers some players get.  I wonder if over-pays will continue in this environment or if teams will reign it in a little given all the uncertainty. 

In Gallo's case, I'd say he's a lock to get more than the MLE, as he can shoot. Wings and bigs who can shoot at a level that forces the other team to respect your offensive spacing seem to be the most valuable thing going in the NBA right now. I don't even want to THINK about what Kleber would get if he were free right now. Not Gallo money, but a TON more than we might imagine.

Which is part of why putting Maxi in the deal instead of Wright and pick(s) makes sense for both sides.  Gallo is an upgrade for Dallas (he was ranked about 70 slots higher than Maxi in the recent 1-125 rankings at The Athletic) and helps move some 2021 money.  Maxi can play either big position for OKC and is on a reasonable contract.  

What I wonder about Gallo being a lock is whether he's a lock at multiple years or not.  Winning is cool and all, but $48mm is a whole lot better than $16mm.  He already turned down Miami's efforts to add a single year.  Why would he suddenly agree to that for Dallas?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 23?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-27-2020, 08:24 AM