Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-27-2020, 06:39 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I'm almost always surprised by the numbers some players get.  I wonder if over-pays will continue in this environment or if teams will reign it in a little given all the uncertainty. 

In a general way, this concept is interesting to me. I've noticed that people here tend to judge contracts by their preconceived opinion of the player who signs them. I tend to rethink my assessment of players as information comes in about how the professionals in the basketball industry value them. There is probably some truth on either side of that coin. 

In Gallo's case, I'd say he's a lock to get more than the MLE, as he can shoot. Wings and bigs who can shoot at a level that forces the other team to respect your offensive spacing seem to be the most valuable thing going in the NBA right now. I don't even want to THINK about what Kleber would get if he were free right now. Not Gallo money, but a TON more than we might imagine.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 23?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by KillerLeft - 10-27-2020, 07:33 AM