Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-26-2020, 06:33 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 04:52 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Do we really need two rookies?

YES. You have 50/50 shots to land an eventual ROTATION (or better) player on a rookie deal. 

Not taking that shot is just asinine while giving some vet a deal to rot at the end of the bench. At least take a shot, it could lead to the difference between championship or loss down the line.

(10-26-2020, 04:52 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Hollinger seemed to think moving Wright wouldn’t be that difficult.

I have been preaching this and will continue to do so until I am proved wrong. 

Wright should be very movable and IMO not even require another asset unless you are getting a much better player in return.

Taking a shot doesn’t necessarily mean adding that player to the current roster.  A one/two year stash would make some sense this year.  If we clear space for 21, we will have more roster holes to fill then than now.

As to players making agreements, it makes great sense to me.  They usually sign in early July and then have almost 3 months off.  If FA opens on the 23rd and the season starts a month later that is a short window to take care of business.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 23?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-26-2020, 06:38 PM