Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-24-2020, 11:31 AM)omahen Wrote: Now this is an interesting and new trade idea from Bleacher. I would seriously consider it, if it brings someone we really like with 13:
- we get a building block with #13
- we clear some 2021 money

Dallas Mavericks acquire JJ Redick and the No. 13 pick in the 2020 draft from the New Orleans Pelicans for Maxi Kleber and the No. 18 pick in the 2020 draft.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2914...y-nba-team 
I think the value is right in that trade, however, we would HAVE to be looking to trade one of Curry or THJ (or both) for something of pretty large value in that case (Curry for Richardson?). I see JJ Reddick closer to the Kerr type than Curry cause he finds ways to get his shot off more than Curry IMO, or in other words, he doesn't need as much space as Curry does to take the shot.

I wonder in this case where we could get if we combine #13 and 31 too (add Brunson and Jackson in a trade dump for the other team?), if there is someone we want in the 6-10 range? For instance, Derrick Rose/#7 for Brunson/Jackson/#13/#31? Rose is an upgraded Burke IMO, while Brunson gets to show what he's capable of as a starting PG in Det.

(10-24-2020, 11:48 AM)Kammrath Wrote: If Vassell or Haliburton fall to #13 then I think I would do it. Otherwise I am out with Maxi being the cost.
At #7, Dallas could probably have their pick of their favorite between Vassell or Haliburton right?

Just make that a 3 team trade:

Dallas in:
Reddick/Rose/#7

Dallas out:
Maxi/Brunson/JJ/#18/#31

Detroit in:
Brunson/JJ/#13/#31

Detroit out:
Rose/#7

New Orleans in:
Kleber/#18

New Orleans out:
Reddick/#13

Luka/Rose/Burke
Haliburton or Vassell/Reddick/Vet Min
Richardson/DFS/Vet Min
(THJ compensation)/Powell/Vet Min
KP/WCS/Boban

RoCo and Tucker for THJ and 2021 Second

Luka/Rose/Burke (partial MLE)
Haliburton or Vassell/Reddick/Vet Min or Partial MLE
Richardson/DFS/Vet Min or Partial MLE
RoCo/Tucker/Powell
KP/WCS/Boban
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by ItsGoTime - 10-24-2020, 12:04 PM