Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Ya, in a Gobert trade I can’t believe any trade without Kleber outgoing. That’s got to be at least a bit of the compensation for losing possibly the best defender in the league, even if he isn’t gonna resign. Conley is another interesting addition. It’s hard to imagine Utah being dumb enough to give up both, and in the same deal as well.

It’s funny to me that I’ve proposed these same type of pie in the sky trades not too long ago and only got responses of “never gonna happen so don’t care”-type responses. Guess I got bored with the offseason quicker than some of you guys...

If Utah were to do something like this, I see them wanting slightly more compensation than what Dan proposed. A future protected first and second, or Brunson in lieu of the first. One other possible angle, does this give Utah any money to spend in FA this year? I can see them wanting and getting someone like Grant if they have even slightly more than MLE money.

WCS could be another Gobert replacement. They end up being:

Mitchell/Wright
THJ/Clarkson
Bogdanovic/Ingles
Grant/ONeal
WCS/Kleber

That is probably a playoff team. Allows them to see if Mitchell is a guy that can carry a team as the lone star. Gets their payroll in check during these tough times.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by ItsGoTime - 10-24-2020, 10:40 AM