Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
This is what I'd envision for Utah after trading Gobert/Conley here.  They need to extend Mitchell this off-season or risk another Hayward moment.  They won't have room to retain Clarkson and use the MLE as currently constructed.   I actually think it makes sense for them to take care of business in 20 rather than wait for 21 including extending Mitchell, retaining Clarkson and using the MLE to sign Gobert's eventual replacement. 

Mitchell/Wright
Hardaway/Clarkson
Bogdonovic/Ingles
O'Neal/Maxi
Poeltl/Bradley

That's not a terrible recovery considering they are a year from Gobert leaving for nothing in return.  BTW, I had forgotten Gobert is super-max eligible...which makes this off-season even trickier for them.  

For Dallas:

Conley/Brunson
Luka/Curry
DFS/MLE
KP/Powell
Gobert/WCS

I think they would actually keep Gobert instead of going for Giannis.  Gobert is your third star, just not in the traditional sense.  18 could be used on another 1/2 or 2/1 type given the age of Curry and Conley.  A perimeter shooting 4/3 or 3/4 would make sense at 31.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-24-2020, 09:11 AM