Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-23-2020, 06:20 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: What was the story about eating salary to get a star.

Conley = Salary
Gobert = Star

Just saying, IF the Jazz really want to get rid of those guys, and somehow for whatever reason send them Dallas's way for anyone short of KP and Luka, the Mavs could be walking into free agency the year of Giannis with the potential for multiple max contracts.

Lets say Utah really wants Maxi, Seth, Delon, and Jackson for Conley+Gobert. Next summer, the Mavs payroll will be 58 million. After the Mavs renounce Conley and Rudy, the Mavs could have close to 50 mil in capspace. That's enough for Giannis and another 20 mil player. 1 Powell trade the Mavs could offer 2 max contracts to any two of Giannis/Kawhi/Lebron/Rudy/Lowry/Hayward/PG. Luka+KP plus 2 superstars sounds good enough to me

Super interesting avenue to take. And I think Conley/Gobert solve plenty of the Mavs issues. But I think it's a pie in the sky fantasy. No way does Utah gift 2 impact players for spare parts, even if there is locker room issues.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by SleepingHero - 10-24-2020, 02:59 AM