Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
If it’s a KP for Gobert swap you want, I can almost guarantee Utah would take that without hesitation, despite KP’s injury. 

Gobert is the better defensive presence, obviously, but he is not a max player in the current game. Utah knows this, and what’s worse is that Gobert KNOWS Utah does want to max him. Go and follow his Twitter account if you don’t believe me. You’ll find some passive aggressive tweets about how undervalued size has become, all stemming from the negotiations for his next contract. I would imagine Utah feels like they’re between a rock and a hard place, knowing they shouldn’t pay him like that but scared to death that someone else might. He’s like two years away from being the next Whiteside.

Meanwhile, KP, not the defender Gobert is but definitely not useless on that end, is better by far at literally every other skill involved with the sport of basketball. He is a max player, and he’s locked into a contract for years. A Gobert for KP trade would elevate Utah tremendously while simultaneously removing any uncertainty they have about their future. I think people would be shocked what Donovan Mitchell could do with the space KP provides.  

I don’t think there’s any chance Dallas would even consider it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by KillerLeft - 10-23-2020, 09:32 PM