Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-23-2020, 05:29 PM)chaparral Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 04:44 PM)swaggerbox Wrote: Rudy Gobert has started following Mark Cuban. Could be something?

That's interesting.  Gobert was just rated by the Athletic as a top 16 player.  He is a UFA next year in 21, which fits our plans.  He will make 25.7 mil this next season.  So we would probably have to send Wright, Kleber and opt-in WCS w/18 and 31.  Would the Jazz sent back the 23rd pick w/Gobert?  Mavs probably have to include a future 1st.  Porzingis is coming off off knee surgery and will be on time management.  KP can also play some at the PF spot to get min. 

This would be a HIBW type of move I hope the MBT would look at doing.  It opens up so many options in 2021.

Would the send something back?  No.  Would the accept that offer in the first place?  Doubtful.  Even if Rudy said, "I'll only resign with Dallas so no one else trade for me.", I'm sure some other team can come up with expiring salary matches and drat picks to exceed Dallas offer and take the risk of retaining Gobert like Toronto did with KL.  

Heck, in a strange turn of events, I bet Hayward for Gobert works and Boston could pile on the picks.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by cow - 10-23-2020, 06:17 PM