Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-23-2020, 10:23 AM)omahen Wrote: One question. When trading on draft day, which salary is taken into calculation (2019 one or 2020 one?) and which salary cap space (2019 or 2020)?

For example. The "insider" guys on Hawks forum speculate LAC want to trade PG for #1 pick and CP3. They continue to speculate how Atlanta could buy both and get PG. But, I think that would actually be quite easy for Minnesota to do in a three team deal.

Min: PG
LAC: CP3, #1
OKC: Johnson, Turner SnT for remaining salary, #17 (or whatever compensation OKC wants).

Omahen:  I saw this the other day and thought I answered.  Who knows for sure.  I’ve been struggling to keep up lately.  I’ve even noticed where I started a post a couple of times and 12 hours later notice I never hit the button to post it.

At the draft it is 2019 salary.  The 2020 number starts after the moratorium.  So, if the trade is completed on draft night, it is the old number.  It certainly could be announced on draft night and deferred until after the moratorium.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-23-2020, 12:00 PM