Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-22-2020, 07:14 AM)omahen Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 06:19 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Does OKC have a need for Wright? 

Let's say I am Gallo and my main motivation is to win and I am even ready to accept MLE to do that. Is Dallas really in that elite contender class Gallo would have reasonable hope to win it all? I doubt. So we would have to go higher with our offer, unless there are none of the contenders interested in him even at MLE. 

Gallo for MLE, I am all in, even if it would be a multiyear deal. That is very good value contract. We could actually even use him as a 6th man and let him feast on bench units. Gallo at 12 or something similar per year, I am not so sure, because he would also cost an asset or two. We need better defenders.

(10-22-2020, 07:01 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: This way we still have the MLE and #18 to address our weaknesses.

Can we be under the cap and use MLE in the same season?

Room MLE, not full MLE.

Point taken, but Dallas was 6th in the league in net rating.  What would that be with good health and late season KP showing up earlier?  I can't speak to the European mindset as well as you.  Lakers for the MLE or Luka/KP for the MLE?  What makes him a bigger hero? 

BTW, I don't think Aguiar is right about cap room in 2020 if Wright and Jackson are traded for air.  Yes, that reduces $110.8mm of committed salary by $14mm (assumes WCS opts to stay).  But, it doesn't account for #18 or two minimum slots.  I believe the number ends up slightly less than the MLE (full MLE)
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-22-2020, 07:49 AM