Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-21-2020, 08:34 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 07:01 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Same would apply to Satoransky.  He's UFA in 22 and $5mm guarantee in 21.

Yeah part of what I love about going after Tomas is he makes clearing space in '21 very easy IF it comes to that. 

I am out on Thad Young unless he has to accompany one of the other guys in a deal. He was -5.8 in offense and -0.9 on defense this past year. I just think he is over the hill and not going to be a positive any more.

I'm willing to give most anyone on that sinking ship some grace.  Basketball Index ranked Young as the 25th best perimeter defender in 19/20.  He was also top 25 the prior two seasons.  He's been a net positive almost his entire career.  So, was 19/20 slippage or a crappy coach induced aberration?  There are articles out there that state that no Bull was more negatively impacted by Boylan than Young.

This other thing about Young is he may be someone who is both useful and can be swapped for Wright without need to include a pick.  I'm not sure Young is needed here IF Powell is healthy and IF WCS returns.  If one of those IF's isn't true, I think he's a good one year band-aid.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-21-2020, 10:25 PM