Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-21-2020, 02:08 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Don´t see why...

I said those were quick examples to illustrate the idea. So I hoped comments would be focused more on the idea itself, not those illustrative examples. I am not even sure everything is ok salary wise, I just went by a feeling, didn't do the math.

But since you started

1. As for Wright to Chicago trade. Chicago could use another PG and as meh as he was, Wright is by far the best player in that deal. That cheap owner bought out previous coach and paid for an expensive new one. It's not like Wright is putting them in tax. Felicio+cheap back up is still more expensive in 2020/21 than Wright.

2. Hart cap hold is manageble, so we could keep him after 2021. Who cares if we pay him after our FA moves, we won't have cap space for long long time. And we are getting back two second rounders.

3. I knew this one will be forum favorite

4. Just to show it gets easier with more salaries involved

(10-21-2020, 02:09 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Donnie loves the boys in blue and all your guys too.  

When I was reading that, I was sure he would be in the trusted section but he is lumped in there with Ainge.

Another thing it really caught my attention were a couple of opinions, that mid tier teams (so the ones that are not contending and not tanking) might be looking to reduce costs. Because, who really cares about such a sorry season if there is no way to the top. But everyone expects contenders wannabe to spend. So Orlando, Indiana and San Antonio come to mind as teams looking to trim down costs from the top of my head. The ones willing to spend can take advantage of the situation. So cash savings will have more weight than usually.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by omahen - 10-21-2020, 02:31 PM