Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-21-2020, 01:28 PM)omahen Wrote: Trying to be smart, so here is one idea for draft aficionados. It is pretty likely Philly will be paying some of those second rounders to someone to take Scotts 5 million (and gazillion of tax) off their back. We will not have cap space to take him, so why not trying to include him in a three team trade where we are able to take extra 5 million. 

It is difficult to find matching salaries, so I will just list a couple of examples that approximately work for you to get the idea. 

1. Dumping Wright

Chi: Wright
Phi: nothing
Dal: Felicio, Scott, #34 and #49 from Philly

2. Wright for Hart

NO: Wright+#18
Dal: Hart, Scott, #34 and #49

3. Forum favorite

Ind: Wright, Curry, Jackson, #18
Dal: Dipo, Scott, #34 and #49

4. Shake it up
Ind: Maxi, Curry, THJ, #18
Dal: Dipo, Turner, Scott, #34 and #49

1. Absolutely. Don´t see why the Bulls would do it in this set-up. You need to incentivise the cheap Bulls owner, so you probably have to throw money and the 2nd round picks his way. I´d still do it for Dallas. Anything reasonable to clean our roster of the bad contracts.

2. Would think about it, if we didn´t have to pay Hart next summer. Therefore #18 would be too rich for me.

3. Nah. I´m really turned off by any Oladipo trades RIGHT NOW. I maintain it makes sense to watch Oladipo until the trade deadline. It´s a contract year, so he´ll put everything into it. Outside of hiding injury pain, you´ll get an honest assessment of his post-injury form.

4. I don´t see a chance in hell Indiana does that, but I´d consider it a Turner trade. Therefore I´m not even bothered, if Oladipo leaves or is allowed to leave in this case.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by Mavs2019 - 10-21-2020, 02:08 PM