Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-20-2020, 08:00 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 07:53 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: KL I find it fascinating that you think getting Holiday wouldn't make the Mavs ready to win now. He provides defense and that offball ability + creation. Tho he's not elite in some of those areas by any means he's good all around. 

I think you are missing that wing as the final piece to being a contender now. I think you may even be able to scrap up enough to find someone to fill in until 2021 free agency and be the 2nd/3rd favorite in the west. 

But a move for Holiday is a 2021 move anyways to pair with whatever other free agent moves. I think 2021 you are ready to be a for sure contender with Holiday? Is Holiday too old at 31 to be making major future investments? I can buy that concern for sure. I'd love to get another great young piece. Extremely difficult to do tho of course.

I agree with your assessment of HIM, I just think the current Mavs are farther away than you do, I guess. I think he gets them much closer, but I'm of the opinion that no matter how good their best players are, the core of the team will still need to gain experience in tough playoff series before ultimately reaching the top platuea of true contenders. I don't think they are the favorites for two years, at least. Unless they get Giannis, obvs.

Would love to have Holiday, obviously. He's a winner, I think. My response was just about the specific deal mentioned (relative to the current Mavs' assets).

Look everyone, I know 2020 has been rough for all of us. But honestly, my dudes, what I think we need around here right now is a little more blind faith. Just relax, breathe and let this happen. 

https://twitter.com/HouseMavericks/statu...51617?s=20

That's not Fish and DLord, it's Bill Simmons and Zach Lowe. PLAYERS and AGENTS are listening to it. This is not a pipe dream.
Just Google Giannis Dallas Mavs...lots of articles and chatter on this on the National level...it's not just our pipe dream talk on here anymore...

Luka had a bunch of super subs and was playing so good a Coach got fired...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by ClutchDirk - 10-20-2020, 08:31 PM