Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-20-2020, 07:00 PM)omahen Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 06:17 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: He has not been good when not a ball dominant guard. 

Ok guys, again you are just saying stuff (not the first person saying this) which is simply not true. In his best season Dipo had a usage rate of 30 %, which is way below Luka and at KP level. 

Next season, when he was allegedly worse than season before, his usage rate dropped to 27 %. Do you know which player came and had usage rate of 26 %? Tyreke Evans, who was negative on both sides of the court - so was this perhaps a reason Dipo was worse than season before and not because Dipo was actually playing worse? He took less shots than season before and his shooting was a bit worse, but he was passing more and had less turnovers. 

In OKC, Dipo was playing next to Westbrook and his usage rate was between 22-25 %, which is basically at THJ level. He scored around 15 ppg on average shooting and was a much better defender THJ ever will be. This version of Dipo is easily best guard next to Luka we would have.

Season after injury, his usage rate was 26 %, a little above Brogdon with 25 %, Sabonis (23) and Warren (23). THJ had a usage rate of 22 % last season playing next to Luka... And yes, I admit, Dipo was bad last season. But I don't take those 19 post injury games as an indicator. But sure, that's why his value is low and not several picks.

(10-20-2020, 06:33 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Holiday = that guy, but casual fans don't realize it.
Oladipo = fans THINK he's that guy due to his reputation, but those in the league don't seem to agree. Not right now, at least. 

Let me ask you. If you would have this two deals on the table, which one would you do:
1. Wright+Jackson+Bobi+18+31 for Dipo
2. THJ+Curry+18+2025 FRP for Holiday

Both can leave after one season and people tend to think that offer number two is actually light.

Maybe I phrased that poorly but I was stating that Dipo is best when he's more ball dominant. If you believe usage shows that than his best year was his highest usage rate. 
I think usage rate is an interesting stat but it's fairly useless to really determine how ball dominant someone is. It just simply just shows how involved they are in the offense. So pretty much all your great players have pretty decent usage %. I mean go look up the formula. There's no way to calculate ball dominant is except maybe with some assists I guess? And it's not in the calculation. 

Oladipo struggled in Orlando playing with Peyton and Jameer, he struggled with RW in OKC but was better with more talent around for sure. 

He has had the least amount of competition for playing with the ball in Indy is the point. 

The argument against Dipo essentially is that you want a guy who excels offball but also can create. Dipo definitely doesn't excel offball. Can he play that way? Maybe. And maybe with the right guy next to him it's not a problem. 

Again I'm open to trading for him but he's not on the top of my list. And if you tell me Dipo doesn't match his career best 3 point percentage of 37%... I'm completely out on him. Of course you don't know on that one tho ha.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by cjeter24 - 10-20-2020, 07:39 PM