Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-19-2020, 07:31 PM)cow Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 07:09 PM)omahen Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 07:05 PM)cow Wrote: More than anything that's gong to be KP's health.

Here I don't agree. If Mavs can improve with at least one starter level player, potential KP injury will not be (so) devastating. They will still be ok. But if Mavs basically run it back and only add #18, KP injury would be devastating. No matter how good Luka is, I don't think 2019 team can reach play-offs without KP.

Even if Dipo gets traded here and helps us get to the playoffs, a 2021 FA is going to know that coming to Dallas means Dipo is out so again, I'm not sure how that moves the needle from a recruitment standpoint.  Players are smart.  They aren't going to just look at the record of a team and pack their bags.

This may not be true. Does he look like a good player again or an all star level player? If you got out of Powell and Wright's deals you could manage to fit a similarly priced contract in to Dipo's current salary fairly easy while maintaining max cap space in 2021. Kleber and Curry are such value deals they'd be easy to dump. 

That's assuming a flat cap. Perhaps it goes down in 2021. This entire thread is pointless if it goes down lol.

(10-20-2020, 10:11 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Since THJ's opt in date isn't until after the draft, is it even POSSIBLE to package him with #18? Moving #18 would have to be a draft night trade, correct? I don't think it's a fit as a package. 

You can say, I guess, that the Mavs could simply draft a player and then package that player with THJ after he opts in, but to me, the chance to pick who you want at #18 (even though the NBA is stupid, and he'd have to take a picture in a Mavs hat) is the attractive thing here. Once the Mavs drive off the lot with the new car, I don't think it's worth as much weeks later.

KL that's really just a semantics type thing. You agree to the deal at the draft but you may do it a month later. They have a draft night deal every year have to wait a week into free agency. Or at least it seems like it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by cjeter24 - 10-20-2020, 06:44 PM