Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-20-2020, 06:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"ItsGoTime" KP is NOT a creator, the way Davis, Jokic and other great bigs are. We want him to be, but he's not. Maybe he can be in the future, but as you say, health is a concern. In that way, no, I don't agree that he's on the same level as the other great players from the teams you mentioned. 

He's GREAT. Don't get me wrong, but he is essentially the best floor spacer in the league on offense. He's a much better version of Vucevic or Myles Turner. This is a great player to have, but not in the same way Davis and Jokic are. Adebayo is better. Embiid and KAT are better when they play hard. I love the player, and I'm glad the Mavs have him. Perfect, fit wise, and a 5 who can pull Davis (and those like him) away from the paint is going to be key in the years to come. But the fact remains that he can't INITIATE offense. Every other team has multiple options who can do this. On those teams, those options can fill in for each other as players rest or play at the same time during important stretches. 

Carlisle was so desperate for playmaking in the playoffs that he gave the ball and a ton of minutes to BURKE. KP's injury had nothing to do with that. If KP would've been out there, Burke would've played even better, but he still would've had the ball. They NEED people besides Luka who can threaten the defense in multiple ways. EVERY TEAM WHO MADE IT PAST THE FIRST ROUND HAD THIS.
I don't agree that you HAVE to have a star playing initiator though. Jrue is NOT a star and I think even you have said he is the perfect fit. This is changing your point made in the previous post from STAR to INITIATOR. I can agree with the initiator, can't agree with the star.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by ItsGoTime - 10-20-2020, 06:22 PM