Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-19-2020, 11:15 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 10:48 AM)omahen Wrote: Dipo is extremely low risk scenario. If he works out and wants to stay, great. If not, we have our cap space for 2021. Paying #18 and some role players is like he was given away.

I just fundamentally disagree with this.

1) He had a PER of 11.3 last year and only 17.6 before the injury.
2) He shot 39% and 31% (27.5% on catch and shoot) on threes and yet 42% of his shots were threes (!) last year. He shot only 42% before the injury.
3) He struggled to share the ball with Brogdon whose usage is NOTHING compared to Luka.
4) He had a devastating injury that is worse than an ACL and relies on elite athleticism to be successful.
5) He has had ONE great year in seven seasons. 

Giving up assets of any kind (especially first round picks) is extremely risky to me for him. I think you actually have a better chance hitting in the draft on #18 than you do getting Dipo to be a good and healthy fit in DAL. 

One man's opinion. We'll see what happens with his career.

That sums up my concerns and even convinces me more that Dipo is a bad fit. While I'm intrigued by his potential... He has not been good when not a ball dominant guard. 

However there is a lot of talent there and I have faith in Rick to figure it out. At the cost I think he goes for... I'm interested. 
That being said... He's pretty far down my list of wishlist moves for the offseason. He's probably like the 10th option which says alot about the concerns considering how talented he is.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by cjeter24 - 10-20-2020, 06:17 PM