Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-20-2020, 03:36 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 03:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Dallas HAS to get Giannis, or something else at or near that level, or it's game over.

They HAVE to add an MVP caliber player to Luka/KP? That seems incredibly extreme. I just cannot agree with that. 

I am fine with the Mavs "thinking big" (as long as they are being sober about it) but I also saw Luka's growth this year and am 100% confident he can win a championship(s) without another MVP caliber player on his team. Luka is THAT good. He needs strong role players more than he needs an MVP alongside him.

If he's "THAT good," then you don't sell him short. That's my whole point. He's soooo good that possibilities are about to come that never would've presented themselves to this franchise before. This is a once in the life of a franchise opportunity, and if they handle it correctly, they could stand a better chance of getting ANOTHER Luka some day in the future, when our kids are in their 40's. I'm dead serious. Teams like the Lakers, Celtics and Heat have fan bases who EXPECT greatness. Ours is like "we're very lucky, I hope we can stay under the radar and just not screw this up." I'm telling you, man, this is their chance to get on the level of those other teams, and not just over the next few years, but HISTORICALLY. F yes, Luka is "THAT good." 

I don't think the search should be limited to MVP candidates, that's just a label. I do think they need to look for players who you could envision playing in an all-star game. Players who can command a double team and know how to exploit that to hurt the defense. Players who can take the big shot when Luka is taken out of the play by the defense. Whose physical presence alone affects the game in positive ways. Difference makers. I think KP is great, and he can do some of that, but not enough of it, and not consistently enough. When KP is not depended upon to be the guy I'm talking about, then team building will start in earnest.

It is irresponsible fandom to convince yourselves that this team is a good pick at #18 and Robert Covington away from reaching contender status. Far, far from it. You are setting yourselves up for bitter remorse.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by KillerLeft - 10-20-2020, 03:54 PM