Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-20-2020, 01:02 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I don’t think [Oladipo's] value is nearly as high as his name brand would suggest at the moment

Of course it is not, that's why proposals like Wright+Jackson+#18 are being thrown around. That's why I would gamble on him and that's why it makes sense for Indy to wait half a season before trading him. It can't really go lower than that.

(10-20-2020, 01:02 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I never said they were BIG assets, just that they are not "trash" to be thrown away while wasting some of the Mavs best draft assets

Please tell me one example when I said Wright should be just thrown away. Absolutely never have I said that. But upgrading Wright for Schroeder/Dipo/Richardson and similar is a big upgrade ovwer what Wright is and absolutely worth a #18 pick. Absolutely every trade I am proposing is about making Mavs better and none about dumping players. So who is putting words in other people mouths?

(10-20-2020, 01:02 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I brought out TWO stats with Wright (his almost career 3P% and his PER). I did NOT neglect the other parts. I acknowledged that Wright has been a BAD fit in DAL. However, one year of a bad fit (though putting up some still SOLID numbers) does not mean he is "trash" and a "negative asset."

According to his salary Wright is an overpaid back up PG. His only really good sequence were those couple of games in Memphis. Otherwise he was average at best. Difference was, he was still young in Toronto and a hope he can be something more. Sequence in Dallas proved otherwise. Sorry for using harsh word trash, but I felt I need to balance your word of calling him an asset, which he certainly isn't. I stand by saying he is an negative asset. Absolute best case for trading him without asset attached is for someone like Snell, imho. But you are free to name those teams that would be interested in him and his salary and what they would be willing to send back.

(10-20-2020, 01:02 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I never said Wright or Jackson would be "all stars" (like your lying troll).

I am sorry you take a little sarcasm so personally.

Just to illustrate why I get so angry by some evaluations. Post injury Oladipo is listed as top60 player by The Athletic (pre injury top 30). THJ, Curry and Maxi are top 125, for example. Wright, Jackson or Bobi are no where near top125 players. So saying trading them+#18+#31 is not an upgrade, makes me angry, because it is unrealistic. He would make Mavs much better for a small price in this kind of trade. 

I agree with the other part of the scale. If I am Indy, I rather take half a year chance on Oladipo before trading him. Or perhaps pieces will fall together with the new coach and Indy goes where some see them based on the (theoretic) value they have on the team. Surely they have nice pieces on all positions, just lack star power.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by omahen - 10-20-2020, 01:16 PM