Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-20-2020, 11:51 AM)omahen Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 10:10 AM)Kammrath Wrote: So here is my deal:

1) Wright is "trash" to DAL fans because of the apparent poor fit. But he shot an almost career high of 37% on threes this year with a 15.4 PER and still is a disruptive off ball defender. Wright is owed two more years ($9M and $8.5M). I am convinced he is STILL a positive trade asset in the NBA and not trash. I guarantee there a number of teams that would welcome him on their roster where he might be a great fit. 

2) Justin is "trash" to DAL fans because like Wright he has a poor fit here and hasn't been able to put it altogether. Anyone with eyes can see he still has talent (his floater game is great, he just has to figure out his three ball and his confidence which deteriorated in DAL). He is an expiring $5M contract and almost certainly some team would be willing to take a free flyer on him. I think Justin's contract is still a small asset as an expiring and I definitely think it is NOT a "negative" asset (you would not have to "pay" another asset to trade him). 

The discussions here are getting beyond silly. So not only the good guys on our teams have near all star value, also the trash that was totally unplayable in the playoff are just waiting to become all stars on another team. Wake up. Wright is overpaid backup PG and Jackson is on his way to China. Sacramento didn't believe in him and he proved why in Dallas.

Your over dramatization is what is making the discussion silly.  Stop putting words in people's mouths just because they have a differing viewpoint from you.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by cow - 10-20-2020, 01:13 PM