Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/10/cent...stons.html

Quote:“From talking to people around the league, I don’t think [Oladipo's] value is nearly as high as his name brand would suggest at the moment,” Bontemps said (hat tip to RealGM). “And I think it’s more likely that the Pacers go into the season and either hope he plays really well and they do great and he decides to stay, or that he plays better and then they maybe trade him later, when his value goes up some.”

(10-20-2020, 01:02 PM)omahen Wrote: I am sorry, but same can be said about your evaluations of the players. They are just not constructive. You so like to pick out a single positive stat and try to make a player look good while neglecting all other stuff. Or the other way around when you try to argue why a player is bad. Like Wright case - you brought out the 37 % 3 shot making a point how positive player he is. Ignoring he is a career 34 % shooter and how he outright rejected to shoot anything that wasn't completely open and then some. So in case of Oladipo you focus on one bad season, in case of Wright you focus on one good stat. 

Jackson had an absolute trash of a season after being mostly a dissapointment in his first three seasons. No one will pay anything to give him a try.

This is fundamentally false and more trolling. 

1) I brought out TWO stats with Wright (his almost career 3P% and his PER). I did NOT neglect the other parts. I acknowledged that Wright has been a BAD fit in DAL. However, one year of a bad fit (though putting up some still SOLID numbers) does not mean he is "trash" and a "negative asset."

2) I have NOT focused on "one bad season" of Dipo. I have constantly talked about him only having one great season and then 5 other decent to average seasons and THEN I have talked about his post-injury data (which is his reality moving forward...he willl always be post-injury moving forward). 

3) I never said Wright or Jackson would be "all stars" (like your lying troll). I said Jackson has small value as a $5M expiring (this is truth, even permanently injured players still have small value as expirings). I said Wright is still 28 and offers enough on a reasonable contract that someone would be interested in him. I never said they were BIG assets, just that they are not "trash" to be thrown away while wasting some of the Mavs best draft assets. 

Stop trolling. Read what others write and treat them with respect and fairness to what they ACTUALLY say.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by Kammrath - 10-20-2020, 01:02 PM