Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-20-2020, 09:56 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: I still think wouldn't the Pacers rather get THJ who would be an asset? I guess it just depends what the other offers are but the above package isn't bad.

So, some of us don't believe Oladipo is even a good player anymore. You do, so let's use that as a baseline for a second. Assume he's good. 

If he's good, why would Indiana move him at all? Because they can't/won't pay him enough to keep him after the season, or maybe because they know he's off to a different market regardless of what they offer, right? 

How does acquiring another player in that exact, same situation (Hardaway) accomplish anything for them, if that's the case? Yes, #18 helps, but it's not much. I actually think that IF these talks happen at all, it's because the Pacers WANT Delon Wright to go WITH #18. He's the type of player a small market team covets. Usable on the floor, cost controlled, good chance to keep him long term. You throw Curry in (similar situation) and I think they do it right away. I actually think there's a world in which they view Powell as a desirable addition, even. 

You are free to disagree with my evaluation of what Indiana's goals might be, because we don't know them for sure. But to me, it makes no sense that they'd want to turn an expiring, unclear situation into ANOTHER expiring, unclear situation. If they're willing to let the asset expire, they'll just keep Oladipo, imo.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by KillerLeft - 10-20-2020, 10:05 AM