Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-20-2020, 09:40 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: My hunch is that Mavs are trying to figure out how to do something additive without parting with one of their assets, with THJ being the only guy on the bubble. They would be happy to use picks + filler to add a good player and I think for the right player (ie Dipo) they would include THJ. I just have a feeling Maxi and Curry-types are off the table absent a huge no-brainer type upgrade (ie star player in return). Even parting with THJ will require a clear upgrade.

I agree that they would move THJ in the right move, but Oladipo isn't that. Is he a potential upgrade, replacing THJ? Sure, and I can see how you think exchanging THJ for him is cleaner, but I don't think they'd even consider that. That's essentially paying #18 and my expiring mediocre SG for another team's expiring mediocre shooting guard, only the new one has fit/injury question marks. If that's the deal, I just let THJ expire here and go back to seeing what I can get for Wright/#18.

The point is a potential positive for this season while simultaneously improving your cap situation. If Wright or Powell is not outgoing in a deal like this, I don't do it, and I certainly don't pay #18 for the privilege. I hate to say it, but I think Wright/Curry?#18 is 100 times more likely if the target is Oladipo. I'm not saying I'd do it, but I think that's probably the deal to consider, as it appears to accomplish the Mavs' goals and is plausibly productive for Indiana, too.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by KillerLeft - 10-20-2020, 09:49 AM