Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-19-2020, 05:05 PM)cow Wrote: For the money he is making and the money he'll command, I'd want more than just fine (OKC stats) which is also above the level of play he turned in last season. 

Well, there is possibility he will be all star player again

(10-19-2020, 05:05 PM)cow Wrote: And if he was such an asset, why aren't the Pacers interested in retaining him?

He will try free agency. Plus they can't afford to really pay him the max

(10-19-2020, 05:05 PM)cow Wrote: Why didn't the  Thunder? 

Traded him for George. I think we can agree there are better players than Oladipo. Although pandemic P was right on par with injured VO

(10-19-2020, 05:05 PM)cow Wrote: Or the Magic?

Again, they traded him for (what they thought was) a better player. Before he played for them.

(10-19-2020, 05:05 PM)cow Wrote: ust because he's the best option available doesn't mean it's the right fit.

He is basically what we need (assuming he comes close to where he was). A good two way player, borderline star. He can create, he is a good defender and not a bad shooter. What else do you expect from player playing next to Luka for the assets we have? Arguments that he can't play off ball are silly to me. He played off ball in OKC and he was fine.

(10-19-2020, 05:09 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: @omahen you are that down on KP?

What do you think? Smile I was sarcastic
(10-19-2020, 05:09 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: At any rate the risk/reward for KP was so in the Mavs favor it was an unbelievable steal all things considered.

Which is exactly what makes arguments "#18 for Dipo is too much" so silly. One can't say that trading for KP was "a move of a century" and not be willing to risk #18 (and a role player or two) for Dipo.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by omahen - 10-19-2020, 05:15 PM