Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-19-2020, 04:57 PM)omahen Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 04:31 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I think the odds of "hitting" on Dipo are like 2-5%... ...This is the only concrete evidence we have post-injury

Which made the odds of hitting on Porzingis at around 0,0001 %, because we had zero evidence post injury. Hell, we didn't even know if he will ever be healthy again. Not to mention all the evidence that 7'3'' guys never last in the league. We should have dumped him after first 19 games he played like crap while we had a chance. Now he is injured again and literally worthless. But hell yeah, we got THJ and Lee which are clearly better players than Matthews and Jordan (or additional cap space we would have to waste) which totally offsets the risk of dumping two first round picks (one unprotected) and the DSJ development effort in this trade. But #18 pick in this draft is national treasure and should not be used on a two way player coming from an injury.

Unless his name is OPJ, than it is ok, because he just had bad luck of 27 or something consecutive injuries and will be ok from now on.

I am not saying Dipo is best possible player (although prime Dipo certainly is) we could get, but there is like 1 % chance the drafted player will be anywhere near his value. Not to mention it would take years before he gets to that.

(10-19-2020, 04:53 PM)cow Wrote: I just don't think their usage rates are compatible.

Grrr... Dipo played next to Westbrook and he was just fine. If he can be what he was in OKC he is better than any guard/wing we have on the roster.

You're kidding about KP being "literally worthless," right? More sarcastic schtick, right?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by Scott41theMavs - 10-19-2020, 05:11 PM