Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-19-2020, 04:18 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: If you "hit" on a guy like Oladipo, you're probably one piece away from being a legit title contender.

I would actually say if you "hit" on Dipo and get his 23 PER, +7.3 offensive, +6.3 defensive self from the one outlier year of 2017-18 then you are a title contender immediately. 

BUT if you "miss" on Dipo and spend #18, #31, and a solid player or two, then you have moved backward significantly in asset management (and maybe set yourself back 2-3 years with contending, leaving "plan powder" as the only building option for the time being because your assets were wasted on Dipo). 

I think the odds of "hitting" on Dipo are like 2-5%. We have seen him perform in essentially two different seasons since his injury (Feb-Mar 2020 & Aug 2020). He looked no better in Aug than he did in Feb-Mar which is concerning. We saw him in the playoffs be a non-factor in winning and shoot under 40% (just like he has since being back) with a PER pf 12.8. This is the only concrete evidence we have post-injury (which is his reality). It looks risky as hell.

(10-19-2020, 04:24 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: My biggest concern about his post injury performance is the lack of quickness on defense.

HUGE concern.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by Kammrath - 10-19-2020, 04:31 PM