Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-19-2020, 02:54 PM)omahen Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 02:38 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Our argument is that Oladipo has changed. And he's in a contract year this year.

Or perhaps situation in OKC was one, situation in Indiana was another. Dipo adjusted. So we can quite safely assume, he will adjust in Dallas.

Regarding the contract year - if anything, this is a positive. He desperately needs to show he is worth max offer. Will he reach that goal by being an innefficient ball hog competing with the clear number one on the team or by being an efficient number two guy? Will Miami (if this is where some see him) pay him max for being number one next to The Freak and Butler? Best he can do for his contract is to bring Dallas a couple of steps further in playoffs than they were this season.

Good argument. but I still think he's a rental.

As Killer said, I think THJ is a better fit, and everyone knows I want *him* gone. The reason I don't hate that "Windhorst" deal even though I hate 18 for Dipo and 18 to dump Wright is that it accomplishes both.

(10-19-2020, 02:56 PM)omahen Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 02:52 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I can foresee a scenario in which Oladipo defers to Luka, he improves as a player, Luka improves his off-ball shooting, and things work pretty well. I don't think that happens, but it's possible. However, if that happens, I still think that, within that occurrence, it's virtually certain that 1) Oladipo isn't worth a max, but 2) won't play for anything else, and so goes elsewhere out of butthurt

If he plays again like the all stars Dipo from two years ago, Mavs have absolutely no problem paying him the max, when he is already on the team. It's not like we would lose cap space over this. Think Middleton type of deal.

Oh, I think the list of things I came up with are possible, but I don't think Dipo will ever be that All-Star guy again. I actually don't see that as being within the realm of possibility. Perhaps that helps make it clear why we disagree.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by Scott41theMavs - 10-19-2020, 02:57 PM