Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-19-2020, 01:34 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: My offseason wishlist:

1. Jrue
2. Dipo
3. Schroder

Jrue is the hardest to get, least realistic. Schroder is very gettable and Dipo falls somewhere in the middle. I think Dipo has the most-upside and most risk but I would be very happy with any of these 3.

LOL we aren't getting Jrue because 1) we binarily don't have the assets to get him regardless unless we include KP, which is a deal I'm not making unless we're also getting Ingram or something like that, and 2) even if the Pels would take our pupu platter, there are at least ten teams who want him as badly and could offer more than we could.

I'm with Kamm on Dipo. As I said before to no fanfare from anyone else, we don't need a guy like Dipo on a contract year who needs the ball in his hands and is going to rack up double-digit steals per game against his own future HOF point guard, thus nuking the locker room and this team's growth. We need that rare bird of a player who can create his own shot while being okay with Luka having the ball in his hands a bare skull minimum of 75% of the time they're on the floor together.

Mark my words - if we flush our #18 down the toilet on Dipo, we will be waiving him two months into the season. I freaking guarantee that, because Luka will be screaming "He goes or I go!" in Donnie's face. Whom would you rather have, damaged Dipo, or demigod Doncic?

Schroder is at the top of my get-list for this year, along with OPJ. Grant would be, but he screws up '21, which the Mavs tragically won't do. Greek Freak or bust, and very likely bust. Hope the consolation prize is good.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by Scott41theMavs - 10-19-2020, 01:53 PM