Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-19-2020, 11:15 AM)Kammrath Wrote: He shot 39% and 31% (27.5% on catch and shoot) on threes and yet 42% of his shots were threes (!) last year.

Focusing on his 19 games this season post injury is like evaluating KP based on his performance in first 30 games or so this season. I guess you were devastated Mavs paid 2 first round picks, former #9 pick and took some bad money for him. Not to mention he really only had half of a good season before that. It is very easy to take a couple of bad numbers and focus all your argument on that.

Dipo is a proven two way player. Yeah, he is not a lights out shooter but he is far from bad. And he can create for himself. He is basically what we need next to Luka. Of course, I would prefer if he had Curry like shooting too, but hey, let's be a bit more realistic.

His career PER is 16,5 while THJ is 13,7. He is basically better than THJ in every statistical category, even before we start with the defensive part. Not to mention Dipo never had the opportunity to play next to a PG of Luka caliber. So don't say that difference between the two is not worth a mid round FRP. We should run away smiling if that would be all it would cost. Risks regarding his health status are easiest to manage, as Mavs will have the information needed we can only guess. So assuming he is healthy, this is basically lowest selling point you can get him for. But I guess you can wait for half a season for him to have a killing 40 games so you can be sure about his worth. Unfortunately, his price will be much different then.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by omahen - 10-19-2020, 11:48 AM