Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-19-2020, 09:36 AM)michaeltex Wrote: [*]Is the $115MM salary cap a firm number now? Or is it still under negotiation?

[*]What is the timing on some of the player option/team option decisions? Mainly wondering if there is a clock ticking on when THJ has to make his decision. I assume all the capholds are instantly erasable at any time by the team. 

[*]I see V Oliadipo has announced that he expects a max salary for his next contract. He's a good player, but that seems a stretch to me. With that expectation, doesn't it make him almost untradeable?
[*]

1) The number will be $109M at BEST. If the NBA and players cannot come to an agreement to change the cap mechanism, then teams think the cap would drop to about $90M. I think there is ZERO chance the cap is higher than $109M. I do think $109M is the most likely because I don't think anyone wants a cap drop. 

2) All the options are getting pushed down the road. Most options will be AFTER the draft (Nov 18). Basically the draft is the next domino that must fall before anything else.

3) I would not trade for Dipo unless he was almost given away. He is a huge risk and also seems like his attitude might lead him to screwing over the team that would trade for him. I wouldn't touch him.

https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/1318206885347102720
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by Kammrath - 10-19-2020, 10:36 AM